Monday, November 26, 2012

Thanksgiving weekend, Christmas prep


Discussing what we were thankful for at dinner, we asked Joe if he was thankful for his preschool friends, and had a rousing discussion of who is a girl, and who is a boy. He is pretty good at this, and knows that he and Daddy are boys. however...
Us: Joe, is Mommy a girl or a boy? 
Joe: Boy. 
Us: No, Mommy is a girl. 
Joe: No, Mommy is my best friend. 

(I KNOW, RIGHT?)

***
Then, last night, as we were about to eat more leftovers, I almost put Frank's Smart Balance spread on my sweet potatoes. I said, "No, I want real butter." Joe said he wanted some too. So I put a dab on his. He checked in with me, "That REAL butter?" Yes, Joe, that's real butter. "Not PEANUT butter?"
Heh, No.

***
Joe got a nativity scene, complete with 3 wise men (who will make their journey across the house leading up to the feast of the Epiphany), angel, and animals. We explored it on Saturday night after we got home from the UNC victory over Maryland, and I thought that a video would be cute to send to Great-Grandma as a thank you. What I
got was this gem.


Translation: That is not a camel, that is a donkey. He is pooping. It's coming out on my placemat.


1 comment: