Frank plays drums and guitar, and we have both in the house, and Joe has always been allowed to play with each. Of the two, drums are his thing, though. When we go the Museum of Life and Science, the drums are in his top 4 things that he wants to see there (the others are the sandbox with diggers, the butterfly house and the petting zoo. You should ask him what the cow, donkey and owl's names are. The answers are Max, Lightning and Christopher, and it's the pronunciation of Christopher that kills us. "Kip-ip-per!")
Anyway, back to the drums. He kills it when he plays Frank's drums. The best part is when he is wailing on them, and then announces, "MOMMY! I DRUMMING!" Yeah, I know, kid.
He has started expressing a preference for music in the car. He likes The Go-Go's. He asks for them by asking for "drums." For illustration:
The other day I was able to successfully slide some Bruce in there to get him to demonstrate his air guitar and drumming skills.
Preschool may introduce him to children's music, but at this point I think he does just fine with the classics. (Thin Lizzy, especially "Jailbreak" is another favorite. This is an older clip, but he still insists on having a ball when he dances. At the beginning he's checking the speaker to see if we are playing music on the stereo; he doesn't like it when we use the computer for dance party music.)
No comments:
Post a Comment