Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Treasure Chest. Literally.

One night I was getting Joe ready for bed and when I went to put on his jammies, he started pawing at the footie part. So I felt around, and there was one of Frank's dad's rings in there. Weird, I thought. But Joe hangs out in the bathroom with me in the mornings when I get ready, and Frank has kept his rings on the bathroom shelf for ages. I just figured that while Joe was standing on the toilet seat (as he does, usually wanting to imitate me putting on make-up or making hairdryer sound effects) he tucked it in his jammies. No big deal.

The next night: a different ring of Frank's dad's. Alllllriiiight. 

Not long after that, I was looking for my wedding & engagement rings after I got out of the shower. Naturally. I patted Joe down, but didn't feel them. He kept wanting to play in the toilet (or so I thought) going over to lift the lid, and I kept telling him no. Finally, I looked in there myself, and there they were at the bottom (he had slid them under the closed lid while he was standing on it).

One day at the children's museum, he walked around happily with a plastic banana sticking out of the top of his shirt. 

Now we are never shocked with what we find in his shirt. Just one of his things, yanno? Whatever it is, usually gets lodged in the waistband of his diaper, so it might not be the most comfortable thing, but it's not like he's putting stuff in his mouth, ears or nose. (I know, give it time). 

If you are on facebook, you may recall that this happened the other night at dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment