Tuesday, May 10, 2011

10 months!

Joe has been 10 months old for awhile now, but I'm not thrilled with it. It means that he is almost a year old and not a little baby anymore. If he could stay this age, you would hear very few complaints from Frank & I. 

He loves playing chase, and will crawl away, look over his shoulder at us as if to say, "Come & get me" and laughs hysterically as you crawl after him. Frank also taught him a game of chase on our bed where he crawls to the edge and expects us to pull him back. It's especially daring when played after bath, sans diaper. (I just found out about that version). 
bed game from teampeveler on Vimeo.


We also recently got a set of shelves for Joe's toys (Thank you Great-Grandma!) that we dubbed his PlayStation. Please do not ever tell him there is another type.
He loves being outside these days, and when I pick him up from daycare, if they kids are outside he will look at me and smile, but continue playing. No excited crawl to Mommy, no hugs. In fact, when I do pick him up, he lunges back towards his toys. It's a good thing; I'm pretty excited to outfit our decks with outside toys for him, so that we can play outside this summer (including a water table and some source of shade, because May is very different than June, and in August we will be in museums or something). 

He's learning fun things, too. I set up a little easter egg hunt for him (spread out a blanket  & scattered some plastic eggs with cheddar bunnies inside). After opening one egg, he crawled around picking up the rest, opening them up & eating the bunnies. Good times.
Easter cheddar bunnies from teampeveler on Vimeo.


He is great at cruising the furniture and walking behind his fire truck, but offer him the chance to take some unassisted steps? He'll crawl, thank you very much. 

Tonight, I put on some music for bath time, and was feeling pretty good, dancing around in the bathroom. Confused that little guy really well. He loves music and dancing, and is usually the first one to bop along, but this time he just sat there. Judging me, I think. His teenage years are going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment