Friday, October 22, 2010

There's a business idea in here, I swear.

Since Erin doesn't work in an office, the following happened to me instead. 


Years ago I went to a LWV event. The organizer let me take a little "Votes for Women" bag that was a centerpiece. When I came back to work, I used it to carry my breastpump parts to the sink to wash em. Women's Lib!

Sometimes I put the pump parts in the microwave to kind of get the water off of them/disinfect them a little (the logic being that microwaving works to disinfect sponges). I put the parts in the bag & put the whole thing in the microwave, thinking that there wasn't any metal on there, it should be fine. It, um, caught on fire a little. This was in a teachers lounge where a student set a ream of paper in the microwave once & it caught on fire, a fact that was pointed out to me by the Board of Ed. member who walked in when he smelled the burning. He thought I was burning popcorn (luckily) and didn't actually look at the contents of the bag as I pulled it out of the microwave & threw it into the sink. 

Since then I have been using a manila envelope, but this morning I grabbed another bag to use. On my second trip to clean the parts I realized that it's a "We Can Do It" t-shirt that was re-purposed into a bag. 

Apparently I cannot get away from women's empowerment when it comes to keeping my breast pump supplies stored. We should really design a line of supplies with that theme....

2 comments: